I’ve just finished to build this strange hybrid monster. My target was to completely remove all unaesthetic cables needed since has started to be necessary plugging an external DVB tuner to this TV. The unique (and cheaper) way to accomplish it was to splurge some basic electronic skill and very basic mechanical practice.
First of all I had to dismount the TV and the decoder in order to get a global view of the situation and real feasibility.
I’ve searched on the motherboard to find a convenient +5V power source, and finally I got one which supplty the old terrestrial tuner. I’ve attached the DVB decoder to this power source, but previously I’ve cut the hot pin going to the old tuner.
I’ve also modified the decoder chassis in order to tightening its dimensions and hide it as best as possible.